Books on coffee

Books you read on coffee

Books on coffee

Postby maria » 14 Dec 2009, 01:25

Hey guys! It's me again and I'd like to post something here since no one expressed willingness yet. Well, I'm joking of course :) . I understand perfectly that the forum is new and wanted to ask you what books have you read on coffee? If you ever read ;) I know it's not obligatory reading some literature about coffee to be able to prepare a cup of aromatic beverage, still it can sometimes help you choose the right type of coffee, the devices to use and many others. Please share any information with us since I haven't read anything about this magnificent drink and would like to hear your opinions about this matter. Thanks in advance :)
maria
old member
old member

Re: Books on coffee

Postby ginga » 24 Dec 2009, 06:34

There is a nice book I could recommend - The Coffee Companion: A Connoisseur's Guide.
Here's a good deal on ebay: http://cgi.ebay.com/The-Coffee-Companion-A-Connoisseurs-Guide_W0QQitemZ230407920311QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUS_Nonfiction_Book?hash=item35a561dab7#ht_1385wt_940
Hope this helps..
Caffeine isn't a drug, it's a vitamin!
ginga
old member
old member

Postby helena » 28 Jan 2010, 05:02

Yeah, a good book. I have read it a time ago. Thanks for reminding me about that ~o) ~o) ~o)
I make serious coffee - so strong it wakes up the neighbors
helena
old member
old member

Postby Nicky » 08 Feb 2010, 06:37

The Coffee Book: Anatomy of an Industry from Crop to the Last Drop

good book ;;)
Some things in life are better rich. . . coffee, chocolate, men.
Nicky
old member
old member

Postby SanchoPancho » 25 Feb 2010, 01:39

Home Coffee Roasting: Romance and Revival by Kenneth Davids.

If you roast coffee, or are just thinking about it, you will find this book very useful. In fact, it works as both an entertaining start-to-finish read, and as a continued reference source! Even if you have no intentions of ever roasting, this title will help you understand quality coffee, the roast process, the origin countries, tasting coffee ...and you will be able to make better coffee purchases because of it!
Coffee Should be Black as Hell, Strong as Death, and Sweet as Love
SanchoPancho
old member
old member

Postby helena » 16 Mar 2010, 07:47

Interesting name for a book teaching the home coffee roasting ;) Must read ASAP!
I make serious coffee - so strong it wakes up the neighbors
helena
old member
old member

Postby CrazyBaby » 04 May 2010, 03:50

The Professional Barista's Handbook is a very efficient training manual for espresso, and features some great information on brewing too (plus a couple pages on tea ... why?) I was impressed with how concise it is, and how useful it will be for the home enthusiast.

Best of all, it cuts to the chase and shows the core methods for achieving great extraction without making you read too much theory. It also avoids being too specific in showing just one technique. In other words, read this book and over time you surely will develop your own variations. That's the way it should be.
I don't have a problem with caffeine. I have a problem without caffeine!
CrazyBaby
old member
old member

Postby mizhanna » 06 May 2010, 03:17

Instead of reading pocket books and novels, I read interesting books about coffee. My friends thought that I'm in coffee business because I've got so many coffee books at home. Allow me to share the titles of my top 3 coffee reading resources. If you have time, grab a copy of these books. You'll learn lots of techniques in making a flavorful coffee for your hubby.

I Love Coffee!: Over 100 Easy and Delicious Coffee Drinks
The Perfect Cup: A Coffee Lover’s Guide To Buying, Brewing, And Tasting
God in a Cup: The Obsessive Quest for the Perfect Coffee
mizhanna

Postby SanchoPancho » 03 Aug 2010, 23:34

The Coffee Book, Anatomy of Industry...From Crop to the Last Drop By Gregory Digum and Nina Luttinger

Coffee...A Guide to Buying, Brewing, and Enjoying By Kenneth Davids

Espresso...Ultimate Coffee By Kenneth Davids

A Cup of Java By Gabriella Teggia and Mark Hanusz

Uncommon Grounds...The History of Coffee and How it Transformed Our World By Mark Pendergrast

All About Coffee By William H. Ukers (Second Edition)

Coffee...A Celebration of Diversity By Fulvio Eccardi and Vincenzo Sandalj

Coffee With Pleasure...Just Java and the World Trade By Laure Waridel

The Devil’s Cup By Stewart Lee Allen

The Perfect Cup By Timothy James Castle
Coffee Should be Black as Hell, Strong as Death, and Sweet as Love
SanchoPancho
old member
old member

Postby PepetheCoffeeManiac » 12 Mar 2013, 02:11

Coffee: A Dark History by Antony Wild - that's an interesting take on coffee, I think!
"Presents a history of coffee, describing its origins in fifteenth-century East Africa, its rise as an imperial consumer product, and the current economic plight of today's coffee-producing countries."
PepetheCoffeeManiac

Postby Derek » 13 Feb 2014, 02:14

Well, I've read the history of coffee, some general rules about preparing it, and started reading a coffee guide book once but it was too complicated for a coffee novice like me, so I quit. Let the experts do their job. :d
The powers of a man's mind are directly proportioned to the quantity of coffee he drinks - Sir James Mackintosh
Derek

Postby Charli05 » 01 Mar 2019, 07:36

I would be grateful if you continue with the quality of what we are doing now with your blog . I really enjoyed it

dissertation writing services in UK
Charli05

Return to Coffee Library