An Odd hobby :ymblushing:

Books you read on coffee

An Odd hobby :ymblushing:

Postby michael » 01 Apr 2010, 03:43

I used to collect different coffee beans in my childhood - of various levels of roast. And stick them on some old books - it was very beautiful, a kind of mosaic. I keep them as a souvenir but haven't bothered myself with such work since then. I dream I could show this collection to my future kids and enlarge my beans collection with them.
DId you ever make such things before or right now? Or it was something else, more interesting? :-)
Coffee is the best thing to douse the sunrise with
michael
old member
old member

Re: An Odd hobby :ymblushing:

Postby JavaJane » 01 Apr 2010, 12:27

It certainly could be a very artistic collection. Hey, if people can collect such odd things as matchbooks, what's wrong with finding different coffee beans? The different shades must look lovely. You should post a photo for us to see your coffee bean book.
JavaJane

Postby jennyffer777 » 08 Apr 2010, 04:33

What an interesting hobby! I had one too but not as exotic as yours. When I was a little younger and lived with my parents, I used to buy various books with lots of pictures. If a book wasn't 90% images, it wasn't of interest for me. These were mostly books of reference where I have found a lot of info about coffee as well which made me fall in love with this plant. :-)
Coffee & Love Taste Best When Hot
jennyffer777
old member
old member

Postby ginga » 19 Apr 2010, 06:19

Cool... I used to make candle holders before.. Must consider using coffee beans in them :)
Caffeine isn't a drug, it's a vitamin!
ginga
old member
old member

Postby paula » 20 Apr 2010, 01:29

ginga wrote:Cool... I used to make candle holders before.. Must consider using coffee beans in them :)

:)) Yeah, I think it's a good idea. I used to paint pictures and show everything I saw around. Coffee beans never came into my sight, unfortunately. Maybe I should try doing this today? I'll think about it ;)
Be a coffee-drinking individual - espresso yourself!
paula

Postby paul77 » 21 Apr 2010, 03:18

What beautiful hobbies you had, guys! I could never imagine before one can collect beans of different roast and stick them to books. But I'd look at such a masterpice with pleasure one day, or maybe I'll do this myself....who knows.... :-)
Black as midnight on a moonless night
paul77
old member
old member

Postby Nicky » 19 Jul 2010, 02:30

Hi, Michael!

Can you show me your creative work? I like your idea =)
when I was teenager I collected empty colorfull coffee banks for beads because I took a great interest in beads
Some things in life are better rich. . . coffee, chocolate, men.
Nicky
old member
old member

Postby CoffeeLover » 24 Aug 2010, 04:18

. . . I collected coffee jars and bags when I was the child. now, all my collection. Now my collection is in the basement and become dusty :YMSMUG:
I like to move it, MOVE IT
CoffeeLover
old member
old member

Postby DecafMom » 24 Aug 2010, 19:31

The closest thing I have to that is that I like to try a lot of different kinds. It never occurred to me to use beans as a mosaic, at all, but I would love to see a photo of your work!
DecafMom

Postby Caffeinated » 28 Mar 2011, 07:19

I did a quick search and found a whole bunch of craft ideas using coffee beans. Everything from making candles to pomanders. In many cases once the beans are attached to the surface, they can be coated with clear lacquer and will remain for a long time & be easier to clean. Here's one recipe I found. I'm not sure what you do with this thing, but it certainly is pretty. http://www.cookidscook.com/coffee-bean-pomander-recipe.html
Caffeinated

Postby PepetheCoffeeManiac » 13 Mar 2012, 05:52

Coffee beans, huh? You really are a coffee lover! Aren't you afraid that your children will turn out to be tea lovers?
PepetheCoffeeManiac

Postby LucyCB » 31 Oct 2012, 06:58

That's a great hobby!
LucyCB

Postby percival » 13 Mar 2013, 05:15

I don't think it's an odd hobby, it is very nice, instead. :d
percival

Return to Coffee Library