French Press Brew

From A to Z; Talk us about your coffee equipment experience

French Press Brew

Postby maria » 22 Jan 2010, 03:43

I like namely this way of brewing coffee because it's very easy and the final product is aromatic and tasty. I personally control the whole process; no need for an electric device or something like that. The mechanic way of preparing it has always been much better for me as I like the saturated fragrance that the french press provides and the speed of coffee preparation.
maria
old member
old member

Re: French Press Brew

Postby helena » 28 Jan 2010, 05:01

Yes, I agree about the ease of french press usage and the time we save due to this method of brewing. However I prefer a simple coffee maker - no need to expend my energies while doing this - the smart machine will make it for you ;) ;) ;)
I make serious coffee - so strong it wakes up the neighbors
helena
old member
old member

Postby ginga » 16 Feb 2010, 01:59

Shame on me, but I never tried French press.. :-S
Don't wanna seem totally ignorant but it seems to me that coffee flavors do not evolve good enough there.. Am I stupid?
Caffeine isn't a drug, it's a vitamin!
ginga
old member
old member

Postby maria » 17 Feb 2010, 07:53

Gina, you're not stupid :-) You don't know the french press principle of operation, that's it....
The device is very simple and consists of a narrow glass or plastic cylinder and a lid with a rod. The coffee of a coarse grinding type along with water is poured down the press, shaked a little and let to brew for several minutes. Then the rod is pressed down the coffee grounds to force away all the pleasant aroma, taste and colour it possesses. Thus, nothing is lost, moreover this way of preparing coffee is far much effective and natural than in any other devices (except coffee pot)......
Hope this info will help you chose for yourself, ginga :-)
maria
old member
old member

Postby ginga » 23 Apr 2010, 02:54

maria,

Thanks a lot for the info! I must give it a try. :)
ginga
old member
old member

Postby maria » 26 Apr 2010, 05:55

So, ginga! How this was? Have you managed to brew a french press coffee? I'm interested in the final results ;)
maria
old member
old member

Postby ginga » 02 Jul 2010, 02:51

maria wrote:So, ginga! How this was? Have you managed to brew a french press coffee? I'm interested in the final results ;)

Yes... And now I'm convinced this is not my way of brewing. IMO there's nothing better then a cup of Espresso or Turkish coffee (brewed in coffee pot or jezve). This way you get the most of your coffee. Best flavor, best taste, best moment in the morning!
ginga
old member
old member

Postby lulu33 » 02 Jul 2010, 03:03

Well, I'm convinced that there are adherents of both methods, It's simply that someone likes it drip brewed and another prefers the french press brewing. That's it.... ;) :-)
lulu33
old member
old member

Postby peter » 09 Jul 2010, 02:11

I prefer vacuum brewing - though a little bit complex, it is still the most convenient way for me to prepare coffee and the tastiest one!
A morning without coffee is like sleep
peter
old member
old member

Return to Coffee Roasting, Grinding, Brewing; Equipment; Industry